Sexual Assault Case Concludes with 13 Month Prison Sentence for False Imprisonment

Sexual Assault Case Concludes with 13 Month Prison Sentence for False Imprisonment
Johan Jesus Angulo-Alvardo (ACSO Jail)

Last month, Johan Jesus Angulo-Alvardo, 40, was sentenced to 13 months in prison for false imprisonment in a plea deal where prosecutors agreed to drop his other charge of attempted sexual battery.  

The incident occurred in May 2024 but Angulo-Alvardo wasn’t charged until July 2025, court records show. He was arrested on a warrant in September 2025.

When filing the charging affidavit against Angulo-Alvardo, Det. Pablo Figueroa charged him with misdemeanor, or “simple” battery, but the charge was enhanced to attempted sexual battery by the time the warrant was issued. 

According to the police report, Angulo-Alvardo was employed by his Visa sponsor (witness) to work a dry-wall job. The victim and Angulo-Alvardo had been working together at the job location. During a job, Angulo-Alvardo asked the victim about her life and made comments about her body. 

Soon after, Angulo-Alvardo asked the victim for water, and when she was handing him the glass he grabbed her by the arm and dragged her into the room he was working in. Angulo-Alvardo hugged her so hard that she felt like she could barely breathe. The victim described Angulo-Alvardo's breath of having an odor of feces, which she smelled when he forcefully attempted to kiss her face, neck and mouth.

As the attack continued, Angulo-Alvardo reportedly attempted to rape the victim but she was able to get away by kicking him in the genitals. 

The victim ran to the dining room and let two dogs out for protection. Angulo-Alvardo reportedly tried to regain proximity to the victim but the dogs did not allow him. Angulo-Alvardo reportedly "apologized" and went back to work. 

When the witness arrived on the scene, she saw the victim in distress and crying. The victim told the witness what Angulo-Alvardo did. Consequently, the witness called the police. 

This shows the attack was effectively reported immediately, but Angulo-Alvardo was not arrested for over a year. 

Angulo-Alvardo caused the victim an immense level of trauma that manifested into her daily life.

The victim told police that she gave Angulo-Alvardo no indication of interest whatsoever.  

On June 11, 2025, Figueroa made contact with the witness. The witness said that she and her business partner confronted Angulo-Alvardo and he denied the allegations. The witness said Angulo-Alvardo told her that the victim "shared with him some personal stories so that made him feel comfortable.” The witness was adamant that the victim “is a very serious woman” and that  “her dogs are not aggressive but they would protect any household member.”

Later that month, Figueroa made contact with Angulo-Alvardo. The police interview is summarized in the report. 

Excerpts from Police Report (Alachua County Court Records)

On July 23, 2026, Angulo-Alvardo entered a no-contest plea agreement where prosecutors agreed to drop the attempted rape charge and he was sentenced to 13 months in prison for a false imprisonment conviction. The plea was signed by Assistant State Attorney Darla Whistler and accepted by Judge Susanne Wilson Bullard. 

Plea Agreement (Alachua County Court Records)

The sentencing sheet indicates the plea deal was with “input” from the victim and that there was “mitigation” in the form of a support letter from Angulo-Alvardo’s employer. Angulo-Alvardo’s lack of criminal history was also a factor, the plea form indicates. As of now, he is still in the Alachua County Jail, seemingly awaiting to be transferred to a Florida Department of Corrections facility.

Sentencing Sheet (Alachua County Court Records)
Page from Plea Form (Alachua County Court Records)
Jack Walden

Jack Walden

Jack is an independent journalist and the creator of GnvInfo. From general information, to exposing falsehoods and corruption, Jack seeks to deliver the truth.
Gainesville, FL